Thursday, February 05, 2009

Random thought of the day.

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem, but I will get the most random thoughts at some of the weirdest times. I'll be in the middle of a conversation when suddenly my mind gets hi-jacked by something completely unrelated. So, if you ever see my eyes start to glaze over while we are talking, then maybe that just happened. Oh, and I can't do two things at once, so its pretty obvious when this happens.

There are other times when this happens too. Mostly when I am studying something boring, studying something interesting, or studying. Also, this happens to me right before I fall asleep, which end up sending my mind into a cascade of randomness for the next hour or so until I finally pass out. Some of these thoughts are serious, some funny, most weird. To keep track of them though I thought I'd post a few from time to time. Feel free to read or not...

So the thought I had recently dealt with honesty and integrity. I was wondering what would happen if someone blogged what they were thinking for the day over the course of a year. I'm not talking selective things they thought about, but everything, unfiltered. I wonder what it would be like to be completely exposed like that so both your brightest and darkest moments are on full display. I can imagine from personal experience that the darkness of the heart would outweigh the light.

How would people react? Would they still like you if you were completely transparent? I'm not really sure. I think in one sense it would be extremely freeing to get all your crap out there. At the same time, I think it would be pretty dang scary and embarrassing. I am sure people wouldn't look at you the same way. Also, that precious reputation that we are so apt to defend and protect, that false image of what's not real, would be shattered.

I'm fairly certain that it might not be the best thing to air your dirty laundry publicly. However, it is important that there is someone, or a few people who know how and what you really think, and love you regardless. That, however, is much easier said than done. Exposing yourself to someone else is no easy task, but it is necessary.

No comments: