I've found the deeper I've gone into my medical studies, the deeper and more profound my distractability has become. What I mean to say is that being force fed all this information like a fire-hose in my face at full blast has caused me to hunger to think about something different for a change. Lately, my attention has turned to politics.
This caused me to start listening to talk radio. Talk radio has ruined my life. Seriously.
I now wake up to NPR every morning, and then listen to conservative talk radio in the car as I transfer from one study locale to the next. Combine this with the fact that I have some strong beliefs stemming from my faith in a jewish carpenter named Jesus who was both God and man, (which I guess makes me a christian) and I think I am certifiably schizophrenic. Or to be more correct, maybe I have some sort of dissociative personality disorder. Either way, let's just say there's a diarrheal-in-nature stream of consciousness running through my mind at all times that focuses on anything and everything but medicine. Ok, maybe I have some ADHD too.
This got me thinking that there is no better place to channel all this pseudo-passion crap I'm feeling than here. So, if there is anyone out there reading this, please tell me what you think about what I think. Is there hope for me? Where do I stand? Am I a hardcore conservative in denial, or, do I actually have a heart that beats? Am I a socialist hippy dippy liberal, or do I actually have morals? I'm sure if you know me, you have an idea where I stand, but sometimes I think I know myself better than most, and I'm often confused myself as to where I stand.
To kick this off Ill talk about an issue that is hopefully not to confrontational.
---------------------------------------------
The Environment:
While I think that Al Gore is a pretty big hypocrite for crusading against Global Warming while consuming 20x the energy of an average American, I do believe he has a point. Whether or not the earth is getting warmer due to global warming or if its just a normal oscillatory pattern of the Earth's climate every couple hundred years, the point is that We, meaning humans, are destroying our planet.
We have been given dominion over all things, to rule over the Earth, to care for it and use it wisely. We have fallen well short of that mark. We dump trash wherever we want because we're too lazy to throw it away or recycle. We tear down forests to build more malls and shopping centers so we only have to drive 10 minutes instead of 20 to go to Target. Instead of civil engineers and town governments designing towns where everything you can get is within walking distance, they instead allow chains and superstores to come in, displacing local businesses and destroying communities. Is there anywhere you can go without taking a car anymore?
Seriously, we are so dependent on a car because corporate business is so interested in growth and profit margins that wage wars in order to obtain the oil to allow us to get from one place to another.
We then continue the cycle by cutting down more trees to supply lumber to make poorly built houses that last less than 25 years so we can live comfortably in the suburbs... further away from "everything".
This is only a small fraction of the many layers of examples of how we are screwing over future generations with our lack of responsibility when it comes to caring for creation and protecting its beauty. And honestly, we are all guilty of this, myself more so probably than many.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't worry about it my old chap. You can get cure. Try with this treatment: a) when you get up, don't listen the radio, just talk with your wife ask her how does she feel, how has she slept, and so. b) you can probe also talking with God, and as he speak softly, It's better to have the radio off
c) In the car try with classical music, It will relax you: take care don't get sleepy.
And that's all. Sorry about my spanglish.
Post a Comment