Ok, Ok, sorry for being behind the curve, but here is my first official Summer Medical Institute (SMI) update coming to you by way of some hot blog action. The i-net is a little finicky (sp?) around these parts.
SO, since this was Sunday, this was our church day here at SMI. Its a pretty open day other than connecting with the churches we've been assigned and chilling with our discipleship groups at night. There are about 5-6 churches that we have been split up among, and they are all pretty intricate to our ministry here. I find it refreshing how closely this para-church organization works with the churches here. I think in a way it helps to unify everyone, which I like.
We ended up going to La iglesia de Neuvo Vino (New Wine Church) this Sunday. Last week we went to First Baptist, but found it somewhat disheartening when all three of our hymns were about America. We sang The Star-spangled banner, America the Beautiful, and some other America song which name escapes me at the moment. Yes it was the day before the 4th of July, but still a little intense if you catch my drift. Don't get me wrong, Im pretty patriotic, but that was just a little much for me. Pray for Meg and I that we can love this body even though it might not be our cup of tea. I know I need to be humbled in this.
Needless to say, we did however take an invitation to visit New Wine this week. It was an awesome experience. Everything was just a jumble of Spanish and English, but it was awesome and flowing. We sang some Spanish and English songs, and then the pastor flip-flopped back and forth. I loved it! They were also one of the few churches I've ever been to that actually made you feel welcome. When "meet and greet" time came up you actually ended up shaking hands with everyone!
Afterwards we went to a doctor's house for lunch and to watch the World Cup final. What a game! I still can't believe Zidane head-butted that dude. He had to have said something about his wife. Atleast that's my theory.
Later on tonight I'll be getting together with a couple guys and Shervin (the crazy iranian) to grab some guy time and exhort each other in Christ. I'm excited about the prospect of being vulnerable and humbled, and growing deeper in the word.
Well gotta grab some eats. Till next time...
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment